A mentor leads by example and is considered a role model in every sense. A coach sets specific goals and objectives and assists their workers to achieve by working with them on goal setting and in providing on-going professional development. Coaches offer them practical advice, guidance and assistance. A coach can be a mentor and a mentor a coach.
Bridge the Gap Training and Consultancy offers a coaching and mentoring support service that will benefit your business by:
- Providing opportunities for workers to learn new skills and enhance their existing skills leading to improved quality service outcomes for clients;
- Fostering shared values and team work;
- Workers gain insight into themselves and the people they work with;
- Workers being actively engaged leading to increased levels of work satisfaction, individual and team morale and motivation;
- Improved staff retention rates and job satisfaction; and
- Improved planned career succession
Open and assertive communication and the trust of both parties are essential for success.