Working in the Health and Community Service sector presents numerous and unique challenges regarding leadership style, resource management and work health safety risk management for all workers and the organisation. Addressing the delicate balance between various legislations, industry standards, individualised personalised funding for clients, and the significant casualisation rates of staff poses a significant challenge to manage service provision efficiently, effectively and safely.Whilst management are supporting their workers and their organisation through these changes they will also need to be aware and develop an understanding of the Person Centred Planning Framework and the Principles and Practices. This includes; relationships and building partnerships; making a difference day to day, and in strengthening roles and developing opportunities for inclusion.
Leadership and staff engagement are the key to success for this to be attained. A successful leader mentors and coaches their workers, builds professional relationships based on trust, provides learning opportunities for all workers, sets goals and keeps the team motivated to succeed and rewards their success when they do.
- Participants on successful completion of this workshop will:
- Understand the function of a manager in today’s workplace;
- Develop a leadership style which works for the team and implement strategies to engage with their staff;
- Identify their team’s strengths within the organisation and look at strategies to maintain these strengths and develop further skills to build staff capabilities;
- Develop clear and effective communication / consultative arrangements with their team and implement strategies for setting and leading team meetings;
- Empower and encourage their team by setting SMART goals in consultation with them;
- Motivate their team to shine by giving specific praise and recognition to enhance continuous improvement;
- Get more out of Supervision and Support, including how they can use it positively to make it work for them and their staff;
- Delegate effectively and enable their staff’s on-going professional development & opportunities to enhance staff and team morale, and improve staff retention & succession rates;
- Develop and utilise time management strategies and resource tools which allow managers to plan and prioritise effectively – working smarter not harder;
- Develop effective conflict resolution skills enabling managers to interact in a more positive, productive and constructive manner in addressing and resolving workplace conflict;
- Promptly and effectively manage and support and assist with the debriefing of their staff following a workplace incident; and
- Develop a Leadership plan that will assist you in moving forward as a leader and met your organisations strategic plan.
TARGET GROUP: Leaders of your workplace
FACILITATOR: Robert has experience in community programs, risk management, injury management and has incorporated his extensive skills into this program which will further strengthen the learning outcomes for all participants. Rob is also an approved training provider by SafeWork NSW and a qualified assessor and trainer.
We do travel outside Hunter & Central Coast area so please contact BTG to discuss.....