This interactive workshop has been developed to assist you to develop and implement a comprehensive manual handling system which is innovative, pro-active, and inclusive and which will assist you in preventing manual handling injuries occurring to your most valuable resource, your staff.
BTG’s manual handling program specifically targets and educates staff and supervisors in addressing all identified manual handling risks and implementing effective risk controls measures to eliminate or reduce manual handling risks within the work environment.
The program ensures both staff and supervisors are aware of their respective legislative obligations as detailed in the WHS Act 2011and associated WHS Regulations and the National Code of Practice for Hazardous Manual Handling Task 2011.
Participants on successful completion of this workshop will:
- Develop an understanding of client manual handling risk assessments in identifying (existing and foreseeable) hazards that may arise providing care to clients; assess the risks associated with those hazards to eliminate or control the identified risks;
- Be able to assist you to adjust and modify your work stations in accordance SafeWork NSW (Code of Practice – Manual Handling tasks) ergonomics;
- Develop an understanding of the key elements of job safety analysis and safe work procedures and how they complement your manual handling/risk management program and assist to prevent injury;
- The workshop also includes practical activities;
- Support a client in and out of a car;
- Support a client in and out of a bus;
- If the bus has a hoist – support and transfer a client in and out of the bus via hoist;
- Best practice in pushing and pulling a wheel chair;
- How to fold a wheel chair up and place in the boot safely;
- Assist and support a client when walking with them including if they have poor vision;
- Assist and support a client out of a chair – 1 person support and 2 person support
- Domestic Tasks.
TARGET GROUP: All workers
FACILITATOR:Robert has experience in community programs, risk management, injury management and has incorporated his extensive skills into this program which will further strengthen the learning outcomes for all participants. Rob is also an approved training provider by SafeWork NSW and a qualified assessor and trainer.
We do travel outside Hunter & Central Coast area so please contact BTG to discuss.....