This interactive workshop has been developed for workers to understand their required duties to provide physical or verbal assistance to people who need to take or apply medication. The training session will discuss legislation requirements and in general business policies and procedures. The session will also cover the “What if” (medication errors, refusal to take medication, manage drugs and records, manage medication containers and transport)
Participants on successful completion of this workshop will:
- Develop an understanding of the importance in supporting a participant in administering medication;
- Develop the skills in reading a medication plan, a medication chart and webster pack;
- Develop an understanding of the legislation requirement’s;
- Develop the skills in the reasons for securing all medication in appropriate environments;
- Develop the skills as to what action should be taken if there is a medication error
TARGET GROUP: Front line Staff / Volunteers / Carers
FACILITATOR: Robert has experience in community programs, risk management, injury management and has incorporated his extensive skills into this program which will further strengthen the learning outcomes for all participants. Rob is also an approved training provider by SafeWork NSW and a qualified assessor and trainer.
We do travel outside Hunter & Central Coast area so please contact BTG to discuss.....