This interactive workshop provides you with fundamental knowledge and understanding of how to control the spread of infection in avariety of settings. As part of your risk management approach – we would discuss the importance of risk control systems to assist you with infection control i.e.: Safe Operating Procedures (SOP) that are essential to risk control, provides evidence that safe systems and procedures have been identified and developed, they assist to ensure appropriate information has been provided to workers. We customise the package to suit your workplace and the clients you support.
- Develop your knowledge of the control and prevention of infection.
- Identify risks of infection.
- Apply standard precautions to prevent the spread of infection as part of own work routine.
- Recognise situations when additional infection control. procedures are required.
- Identify other sources of infection within the work environment.
- Contribute to a happy, safe and healthy environment.
- Gain in-depth understanding of decontamination, waste management and sharps management.
Topics for discussion and training (all optional):
- Infection control and procedure
- Standard Precautions
- Hand washing and hand skin care
- Appropriate use of gloves
- Appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Appropriate device handling (lancet)
- Appropriate handling of laundry (if applicable)
- Cough etiquette
- Appropriate use of band aids to cover any visable cuts or skin abrasions
- Waste Management of potential infectious material
- Waste handling and disposal
- Linen Management (if applicable)
- Clients who are taking Cytotoxic medication
TARGET GROUP: All workers
FACILITATOR: Robert has experience in community programs, risk management, injury management and has incorporated his extensive skills into this program which will further strengthen the learning outcomes for all participants. Rob is also an approved training provider by SafeWork NSW and a qualified assessor and trainer.
We do travel outside Hunter & Central Coast area so please contact BTG to discuss.....