The purpose of this Incident Investigation Training is to provide employers a systems approach to assist them to identify and control the underlaying or root cause of all incidents in order to prevent their recurrence.
Investigating a worksite incident— a fatality, injury, illness, or near miss provides employers and workers the opportunity to identify hazards and develop an understand of their workplace culture. The training session will also assist the workplace to identify and implement the corrective actions necessary to prevent future incidents.
Incident investigations that focus on identifying and correcting root causes, not on finding fault or blame, also improve workplace morale and increase productivity, by demonstrating an employer’s commitment to a safe and healthful workplace.
Participants on successful completion of this program will:
- select and use an appropriate investigative technique to investigate incidents to identify all the root causes which contributed to the incident occurring;
- Identify and gather witnesses to the event;
- Interview the involve worker;
- establish the sequence of actions and events leading up to an incident, during an incident and through the post phase of incident management;
- analyse incidents in order to determine effective corrective actions will prevent recurrences;
- Complete the investigation report; and
- Ensure follow-up on completion of corrective actions.
FACILITATOR: Robert has experience in community programs, risk management, injury management and has incorporated his extensive skills into this program which will further strengthen the learning outcomes for all participants. Robert Watson is also an approved training provider by SafeWork NSW and a qualified assessor and trainer.
We do travel outside Hunter & Central Coast area so please contact BTG to discuss.....