Team building success is when your team can accomplish something much bigger and work more effectively than a group of the same individuals working on their own. You have a strong synergy of individual contributions. Your team’s effectiveness lies in the diversity of skills and personalities of the members. Different personality types balance and complement each other. This means the group as a whole is taking advantage of the collective talent, knowledge and experience of each team member.
Team building is an organised effort to improve team effectiveness or a process that facilitates the selection of appropriate members to a current or proposed team.
Participants on successful completion of this workshop will:
- Understand the concept of a team, and how to monitor success;
- Explain the four phases of the Tuckman team development model;
- Describe actions to take as a leader – and as a follower for each of the four phases (Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing);
- Understand the benefits and disadvantages of various team-building activities;
- Follow strategies for setting and leading team meetings;
- List actions to do -- and those to avoid -- when encouraging teamwork;
- Describe several team-building activities that you can use, and in what settings;
- Effectively delegate work and continue to achieve results;
- Develop effective work action plan which ensures the goals of the team are achieved.
TARGET GROUP: Front line staff / Volunteers / Carers/Managers and Supervisors
FACILITATOR: Robert has experience in community programs, risk management, injury management and has incorporated his extensive skills into this program which will further strengthen the learning outcomes for all participants. Robert Watson is also an approved training provider by SafeWork NSW and a qualified assessor and trainer.
We do travel outside Hunter & Central Coast area so please contact BTG to discuss.....