This module has been developed in assisting you in developing further skills and knowledge in supporting a person whilst upholding your duty of care and balancing dignity of risk concerns.
Our duty of care is what is expected by the person we support and the law.
This module will discuss what is duty of care and dignity of risk, what it looks like and what may occur if we breach our duty of care.
We always recommend for you to refer to your workplace policies and your duties statement.
The module is divided up into 12 units. They include:
Unit 1 - What is Duty of Care?
Unit 2 - What is Negligence?
Unit 3 – Neglecting your Duty of Care
Unit 4 - Other Duty of Care Considerations
Unit 5 - Standard of Care
Unit 6 - Duty of Care and Ethics
Unit 7 - Reporting Duty of Care Issues
Unit 8 - What is Dignity of Risk?
Unit 9 - Why is Dignity of Risk Important?
Unit 10 - Duty of Care Must be Balanced with Dignity of Risk
Unit 11 – Workers’ Values
Unit 12 - Promoting Dignity of Risk
At the completion of this module you will:
• Develop an understanding your Duty of Care within the workplace and what the law imposes as Duty of Care on everyone;
• Develop an understanding of other Duty of Care considerations whilst providing a service;
• Understand the importance of reporting Duty of Care issues within your workplace;
• Explore how Duty of Care encompasses the rights of a person to self-determined independence and dignity; and
• develop an understanding of Dignity of Risk, why is Dignity of Risk important, explore the barriers and how to promote Dignity of Risk.
Click Here to take the test?
Don't have a BTG e-Learning subscription yet?