This module has been developed in assisting you in developing further skills and knowledge in supporting a person with medication.
The module will provide you a further understanding of your required duties to provide physical or verbal assistance to people who need to take or apply medication.
This module will also cover best practice - “What if?” (medication errors, refusal to take medication, errors on documents, manage medication containers and transport).
The module is divided up into 15 units. They include:
Unit 1 - Supply of Medication
Unit 2a – Medication Management Plan (MMP).
Unit 2b - Medication Administration Form and Authority Record Sheets
Unit 2c – Non-Prescribed Medication
Unit 3 - Schedule of Medications
Unit 4 - Blister Pack – FRONT & BACK
Unit 5 – Storage of Medications
Unit 6 – Signing In and Out of Medication
Unit 7 - Storage of Medication on Outings and During Transport and Community Access
Unit 8 - Consent, Psychotropic Medication and Challenging Behaviour
Unit 9 – 5 Rules of Medication
Unit 10 – Medication Errors Scenarios
Unit 11 – Medication Errors
Unit 12 – The Client You are Supporting in Administering Their own Medication
Unit 13 - Record Keeping
Unit 14 - Routine Administering Medication guidelines
Unit 15 – Infection Control Guidelines
At the completion of this module you will:
• develop an understanding of the importance in supporting a person that needs assistance with their medication;
• develop an understanding the professional relationship between the person you support and a service provider;
• develop the skills in checking a webster pack;
• develop an understanding of the importance of securing all medication appropriately in various environments;
• develop the skills in what action should be taken if there is a medication error; and
• develop an understanding of the importance of documentation.
Click Here to take the test?
Don't have a BTG e-Learning subscription yet?